Through opportunities for education and relationship-building connections, the C(3) Forum provides grantmakers and grantseekers a stronger understanding of the work that needs to be done and clarity on how this work can best be accomplished in concert with each other. CAF partners with Community Resource Center and Colorado Nonprofit Association to present the C(3) Forum.
In 2017, the C(3) Forum will focus on how nonprofits and funders can address systemic inequities in our communities and organizations. Building on our sector’s work promoting the importance of diversity and creating inclusive spaces that welcome and encourage the engagement of all Coloradans, this event will provide leaders with the knowledge and tools to take those efforts to the next level. During this time of upheaval at the national level, it is imperative that grantmakers and grantseekers consider how equity can be folded into the ways they promote and enact systems that value the contributions of all Coloradans.
Our goals for the C(3) Forum include:
- Deconstructing equity:
- defining concepts and history of the language.
- Create a deeper understanding of our personal role in promoting equity in our communities.
- Nonprofits enhance their understanding of the various ways they can develop equitable systems through their work.
- Funders enhance their understanding of the importance of integrating an equity focus into their overarching grantmaking strategy.
- Grantmakers and grantseekers identify ways they can work together to address equity within the power structure of our communities.