The Grantmakers Income Security Taskforce (GIST) invites you to attend Philanthropy’s Response to Our Nation’s High Stakes Budget and Tax Debates: 14th Annual Briefing and Strategy Discussion for Grantmakers on March 1, 2017 in Washington, DC. This meeting is free of charge and open to foundation representatives and philanthropic advisors only.
Please join us for a funders conversation about why federal budget and tax work matters to national, state and local funders. Network with colleagues and learn about and discuss pressing political developments, federal and state budget and tax issues, and emerging advocacy and communications strategies for protecting programs and policies that support low-income families, workers and communities.
Meeting sessions will include (March 1, 2017 – 8:30am-5:00pm):
- New President, New Administration, New Priorities – Implications for us as a nation and for social policy
- Federal Policy, Budget and Revenue Outlook – What’s in store during the 115th Congress?
- A Focus on the States – Areas of opportunity and frontlines of change
- Meeting the Challenges Ahead Together – Two breakout sessions will be offered to explore organizing and engagement and communications and messaging strategies for addressing upcoming federal, state and local battles.
Followed by a dinner program (March 1, 2017 – 5:30pm-8:00pm): A Round Table Discussion on the Condition of America’s Working Class (location TBA). Please note there is a $40 fee to attend the program to help defray the costs of the dinner. Guest speakers include:
- Tamara Draut, Vice President of Policy and Research, Demos and author of Sleeping Giant: How The New Working Class will Transform America
- Tamar Jacoby, President & CEO, Opportunity America and former journalist and author
- J.D. Vance, author of Hillbilly Elegy (invited)
See detailed agenda here.
The FHI 360 Conference Center is located 4 blocks from the Dupont Circle Metro Station on the Red Line. Take the Q Street exit out of the station and walk Northbound on Connecticut Avenue.
Garage parking is located at 2005 Florida Avenue, between Connecticut Avenue and T Street and is open between the hours of 7am and 11pm.
The Conference Center is located on the right hand side of Connecticut Avenue in the building “Universal South” located at 1825 Connecticut Avenue. Take the elevator to the 8th floor.
1919 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 483-3000
Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle
1900 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009