The Colorado Association of Funders’ public policy task force advises the board on issues affecting philanthropic organizations and the broader nonprofit sector. The members represent the broad range of funders through Colorado and are drawn from the board and membership at large.
The Public Policy Task Force meets periodically to:
- Review, formulate and recommend positions for the organization to take on public policy issues;
- Encourage and support members’ efforts to build relationships with policy makers at local, state and federal levels;
- Provide a forum in which policy issues may be addressed and discussed by grantmakers of all types;
- Assist with the planning of public policy programs for the membership; and
- Provide oversight and advice to the staff on other public policy issues.